Oracle Sort but not constrainted

From: <sknott_deja_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 14:36:17 GMT

Hi,

I am attempting to do a query of an airline database like:

Flight_Id	Number(5)
Airline		Varchar(2)
Depart_Date	Number(8)
Dapart_Time	Number(4)

select * from airline_flights where Depart_Date = 19990410;

But I need to sort the Airline Codes by a specified list which may be different each time I do a query. For example, I do the above query, but want codes 'NW' and 'UA' to be at the top of the table. Next query might need 'US' at the top.

Is this possible? If so, can someone head me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Steve K.