Re: Webdb error: PLS-00302: component must be declared

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:41:41 +0100

roarp_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7ehm3r$ohv$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I'm trying to use Oracle WebDB to design a form, but I keep getting an
error
>that stops me from advancing...
>
>According to the documentation, it should be possible to initialize a form
>with default values to fields by using functions stored in the database.
I've
>created such a function, that returns a number. (A "nextval" from a
sequence)
>I'm trying to put this function to use in a numeric field on the form. I
put
>in the following text in the Default Value field in the "Edit form" form:
>
> #logg.get_loggid
>
>"logg" is the schema owning the function, and "get_loggid" is the function,
>that returns a number. I've got execute permissions on this function, and
>I've tested it, and it works when I run it from the "Execute function" page
>in WebDB.
>
>However, when I put it in my form as mentioned above, and try to compile
the
>form by pressing the "finish" button, I get this error:
>
> PLS-00302: component 'GET_LOGGID' must be declared
>
>What can possibly be wrong here?
>Are there any other ways of initializing the fields to a "nextval" from a
>sequence?
>
>--
>Roar Pettersen
>roarp_at_my-dejanews.com

It seems to me that WebDB thinks that you function is stored in a package called "LOGG", I'm not sure about the correct syntax to use with WebDB but check once again that you in fact must prefix with schema name. It could be that you have to provide a public synonym to your function so you don't have to prefix with schema name.

Finn Received on Fri Apr 09 1999 - 03:41:41 CDT