Re: Help using Oraperl

From: Richard H <rhrh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 13:21:21 +0100

Paul Davies wrote:

> I've got DBI Oracle. I understand this is the latest oraperl. Am I missing
> something?

oraperl is dead, well not quite, its the Perl 4 oracle-perl connection and has been superceded in Perl 5 by the DBI module and its array of DBD (database driver) modules, though it (i think) is backward compatible with oraperl.
the interface is slightly different and other methods are in use.

this is the DBI faq on stored procs.
http://www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI/doc/faq.html#5_3_How_can_I_invoke_stored_proc

as the previous poster said, youd have more luck posting to comp.lang.perl.misc or
comp.lang.perl.moderated

Richard H Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 07:21:21 CDT