Help on NLS oracle

From: Anil Raj <andayil_at_cbn.net.id>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 11:20:13 +0900

Hello Oracle Gurus,

    I am very new to Oracle. I have got a question on Oracle NLS support.

I was going through some of the material on NLS support and they all have given examples of how it converts it into different languages..etc.

I could find materials which converts between languages which use the same set of characters such as English, french..etc. I could not find material which converts from English to Japanese/chinese/...etc.

I would also like to know if it converts the text field. For Example I enter into the database my name as "ANIL" will this also be converted to Japanese charachters when a person is viewing from a japanese client.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me with this ASAP.

Thanks,

Anil Raj. Received on Wed Apr 07 1999 - 21:20:13 CDT