Re: Application shows users in system how....?????

From: Diamon <miller-lee_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:54:46 -0400

If I understand what you are asking correctly hopefully this will help (this is a suggestion given by the instructor of the Oracle Database Administration class I tok last week, paraphrased of course).

You grant the priviledges to query the table with password authentication. You them embed the password in your application (assuming a compiled and not interpreted application). This way users can run the application, which will issue the set role command with the password, but it keeps the password unknown to them.