Export/Import Questions

From: <rspeaker_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1999/04/05

Hi gang,

I have some questions about the exp/imp utilities I hope somebody can answer for me. I am running Oracle 8.0.4.3.1 on AIX 4.2.x

(1) is anybody familiar with the incremental export/import functionality? If
so, how does it work? Can you do exports/imports without using the incremental flag, such as for daily backups?

(2) how does Oracle load the data from the export file during an import? What
I mean is, if I export the desire tables in default (alphabetical) order, but try to import them in a different order, it doesn't work. Do I have to specify the import order during the export, and then let Oracle import the file as-is?

Thanks
Roy