Problems with win98 and Oracle clients? Help please.

From: Acetyl <acetyl_at_your_pants.cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 08:56:37 +0100

Hi.

Are there any known problems (and hopefully patches or workarounds) with regards to Oracle client tools (SQL Plus 8.0 and Enterprise Manager) on Windows 98? I have Oracle Enterprise 8 installed as server on a Windows NT4 Workstation, and the client tools on that (where they work fine) and on my main WIndows 98 machine (where they work not at all).

Windows 98 keeps warning me it doesn't think the apps will run properly, and sure enough, when you try to connect to the database, they die. Do I really have to install NT or Win 95 everywhere to use it?

Any help gratefully appreciated, it's for a university project, due in soon.

Acetyl Received on Mon Apr 05 1999 - 02:56:37 CDT