Re: User Sequence Skipping Numbers???

From: Joe Miller <jmiller_at_warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 20:13:41 -0500

In our applications, we also use sequences where skipping can occur if the user starts to create a number using the sequence but then decides not to complete the process. In this manner, the sequence number is obtained, but the end result (ie, the job/work order) is never actually created. This will cause "gaps" in the sequence, especially if other users are creating records in the same table at the same time.

If you really want to make sure the numbers do not skip, you may want to create a dummy table that stores the last value and updates this value when a new job is created. This might be slower, but it would allow you to control things better. Received on Sat Apr 03 1999 - 19:13:41 CST