Re: NT users

From: Dani D Rubinoff <drubinof_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 15:57:09 GMT

> Do you want just a list of users on a particular NT domain?

Yes. I have a script that takes the list of users (and their privileges) from an Oracle table and inserts the users into other tables used for a Business Objects security domain. This way I won't have to assign hundreds of users by hand in the Business Objects software. I just don't know how to get the list of users and their privileges into an Oracle table.

> I can think of a couple of ways, but none are as fast or as easy as
> entering them by handunless you have hundreds of names, unless you
> want to import the data from a text file or Access or something.
>
> Do you care about groups or priviledges?

Yes. The script needs these.

> Are you one of the domain administrators or do you have accesss to one
> of those accounts?

Yes, I have access.

> Finally, are you doing this for some kind of security, or do you truly
> just want a list of users (for a report or whatever)?

Yes. This is for the security domain that Business Objects uses.