Re: JDBC connection question

From: <ahasanas_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 13:10:40 GMT

Hi,

You have two options - JDBC OCI library or JDBC Thin library. You also need java.sql package (it is part of JDK from 1.1.6 I think).

JDBC OCI requires you have SQL Net or Net8 installed in machine A, because it depends on local methods.

JDBC Thin requires no oracle software in machine A. Best thing you can do have JDBC based applets in pages in machine B. Then through a web browser open the page from A.

Asif Hasan
spectrum_at_bangla.net