Re: UTL_FILE/Personal Oracle 8.0.3.0.0/Win98 - PLEASE HELP!

From: Michael Myers <mjmyers_at_nospam.blazenet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:30:35 -0500

> I have problem opening file using UTL_FILE.FOPEN. It raises
> UTL_FILE.INVALID_PATH exception. File 'C:\NETLOG.TXT' exists. I can open it
> using notepad.
>
> Why I have the problem?

In the initialization file for the database instance, you must add a line like this:

  UTL_FILE_DIR = c:\some\directory

for each directory that you want to read or write from. This is a security precaution. Note that subdirectories of specified directories are not automatically included (so if you also wanted to access c:\some\directory\here , you would need an entry for that too. Also note that the trailing \ is not included. Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 22:30:35 CST