Re: Getting into Oracle

From: Breno de Avellar Gomes <brenogomes_at_computer.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 01:40:48 +0100

Oracle8 and Developer 2.1 for Windows allows relatively easy development - the learning curve is harder than Access, but it rewards in flexibility, speed and features. Contact your local Oracle office for CD ROM trial versions

Recommended books:

  1. Oracle Developer/2000 Forms: The Practitioner's Guide Albert Lulushi, ISBN 0-13-949033-7, published by Prentice Hall The included CD ROM brings computer based training from CBT Systems
  2. Oracle Developer/2000 Handbook Michael Stowe, ISBN 0-13-918111-3, published by Prentice Hall
  3. Oracle8: The Complete Reference George Koch and Kevin Loney, ISBN 0-07-882396-X, published by Oracle Press/Osborne/McGraw Hill This book explains SQL*Plus, command and function syntax.
  4. Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming Scott Urman, ISBN 0-07-882305-6, published by Oracle Press/Osborne/McGraw Hill

For more books visit:
http://www.phptr.com
http://www.osborne.com (official site of Oracle Press. All book examples are available for download)
http://www.amazon.com (powered by Oracle Application Server)

Contact me by email for more specific infromation.

Regards

Breno Gomes
Porto, Portugal