OCI and Stored Procs?

From: anonymous <eris_at_pcisys.net>
Date: 1 Apr 1999 22:23:01 GMT

Alrighty, maybe I'm losing it here, or maybe I'm missing the so horrendously obvious that it isn't funny. I'm trying to write a generic stored-procedure middleware for Oracle using the OCI. (Oracle 8, btw). The OCI manual seemed to imply that you could retrieve data from the 'last select statement in the stored proc'.

Where do I retrieve the columns from the stored proc, and how are they defined for C? IS this what an 'out' variable from odessp() signifies? Whenever I use odescr/odefin() they seem to indicate that there are no variables returned? Must I select everything into a cursor first and then use the DBMS output package to read it back?

Even a general hint in the right direction would be /GREATLY/ appreciated. Or the URL for a good example of C handling dynamic lists of I/O variables at run time.

Thanks!
-- Eris Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 16:23:01 CST