Re: Newlines

From: Rudy Zung <zungr_at_prograph-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:47:44 -0500

ToddNKay wrote in message <9wxM2.1740$Ey1.3974_at_ndnws01>...
>Does anyone know how Oracle stores newlines in a text field? I want
>search for newlines and replace them with another character. What do
>search for? "\n"?
>
>-Todd

Oracle understands a linefeed (^J)as a newline. DOS boxes using carriage return plus line feed typically get and extra ^M stored into Oracle. Oracle itself doesn't do any translation of end of line characters; it will store what it is passed; it just understands that a ^J suffices as a newline.

...Ru Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 08:47:44 CST