Re: help with closing a cursor

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 15:22:25 +0100

It may not be the loop thats the problem, if the tables you are inserting/updating etc have triggers based on them which populates audit tables, other validation etc, this will have an effect on the speed of your loop.

Also, if it is feasible for your application, issuing a commit inside the loop may speed things up.

Mark