Storing images in Oracle 7.1.5

From: Laith Suheimat <l.suheimat_at_mdx.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:24:15 +0100

Hello,

I am running Oracle Server 7.1.5.2.3 and am investigating the possibility of storing images (TIF files) in our database, either as a LONG RAW datatype, or using a pointer within a table to a file in the OS (OpenVMS AXP 6.2).

Oracle Support inform me it can't be done, and the documentation says nothing, but I'm not so sure...

I would appreciate any advice.

Laith Suheimat
l.suheimat_at_mdx.ac.uk
Middlesex University, London Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 07:24:15 CST