Parallel Server

From: Amy Davidson <davidson_at_spectec.it>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:08:43 +0200

Has anyone installed Oracle 8 Parallel Server on a NT server (service pack 4) ?

I am getting this error during Oracle 8.0.4 installation of Parallel server:

 Problem Description

     If you have chosen to install the Oracle Parallel Server option you have
chosen to configure Oracle to run with a specific set of certified hardware and 3rd Party hardware vendor supplied OSD layer. A warning is presented upon
installation :-

"IMPORTANT: To use Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) Option you must install a vendor-supplied Operating System Dependant (OSD) layer fully certified by Oracle. Refer to the Oracle Parallel Server Getting Started guide for configuration information.

If you do install Oracle Parallel Server Option, you will not be able to start
any of your Oracle services until you complete the step above or deinstall and
reinstall without Oracle Parallel Server Option."

Any ideas on what I should do? I called Oracle support and they said to search the meta link which I'm doing now. I just wondered if anyone else ran into this problem.

Thanks for the help,
Amy Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 01:08:43 CST