SQL*Loader missing defaults when called from Unix's system call

From: David Johnson <djohnson_at_lgc.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:42:19 -0700

Just wanting some confirmation on an issue that I've never encountered before. I've got a Unix C & Pro*C app that is calling sql loader to load data from a dat/ctl file. I've got 4 fields that have default values of 'N'.

When I run sql*loader by hand in a xterm the records are populated with the default as one would expect.

However, in the C wrapped code, I do a system call to sqlloader and pass the ctl file. Using this method if I examine the table that was loaded immediately after the load the flags that should have been set to 'N' are in fact left blank.

Just for info I'm using 7.3.4's installtion.

Has anyone else ever seen this occurr, or have any idea why it would?

Thanks in advance -
David Johnson
Programmer/Analyst (and occasional DBA) Landmark Graphics Corp Received on Wed Mar 31 1999 - 16:42:19 CST