RDO Stored procedure call fails

From: <avilner_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:16:59 GMT

Hello,

We have a VB6 application, connecting to the Oracle server 8.0.4, using the ODBC connection (Oracle 7.3 v2.5 - 2.05.03.01). The program establishes the RDO connection to the database and executes an Oracle stored procedure (valid, tested, works). The last entry that gets written into the ODBC trace file is "ENTER SQLExecute ...". The connection is defined as Asynch (we tried Synchronous with the same result). The application is then hangs, and databse tools report that the last statement executed on the server by the client is the statement right before the stored procedure call. The same procedure, if executed from SQL Worksheet and Oracle ODBC Test, completes successfully.

Additional info: server is running DEC Alpha, Oracle client installed is early 8.0.4.

Any idea what could be happening? We have the 8.0.5 in the shop and it works fine with the same version of ODBC driver, connecting to the same server.

Thank you in advance.

Alex Vilner