User Sequence Skipping Numbers???

From: Kathy Graham <kathy_graham_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:28:24 -0800

Hi Folks;

    I have set up a new production application that uses user sequences for the work/job numbers. The groups that use these need to use all of the job numbers and are very concerned when the job numbers jump/skip for no apparent reason. (As I am as well.) I can look at the user sequences and see that I have the order flag set to Y and I have nocache set as well. (This seems to have lowered the number of numbers skipped say from 20 to 2 or 3, but it is still a problem.) I am not sure what else to fix or look at. I am running on Oracle 7.3.2.3.0. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....

Kathy Graham Received on Wed Mar 31 1999 - 12:28:24 CST