Performance: Math Models??

From: John Mullee <jmullee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:17:28 +0200

Has anyone developed math models of oracle's performance? There seem to be an *awful*lot* of heuristics, from the perspective of newbie DBA...

I'm thinking of throwing an ER graph, with expected queries in relational-algebraic form, into a black-box that knows my hardware architecture and spews out optimal
table/key/index structures and storage
parameters. Or maybe even gives max
TPMs for a range of hardware configurations.

Or am I dreaming? Is such a thing more
commonly referred to as a 'consultant'...?!

john :) Received on Wed Mar 31 1999 - 05:17:28 CST