NEWBIE needs help on how to start starter db

From: Richard Núñez <boy_afraid_at_geocities.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:21:58 -0600

I feel like a complete idiot. I've kind of master MS SQL 6.0+, but for the life of me, I cannot even connect to the starter DB that was instaled with Oracle 8.0.5.

I start SQL Plus and use "internal" as the username and "oracle" as the password and for the host string I enter "oracle", "orcl", "tns:orcl", & "@tns:orcl" and almost all of the combinations.

Can someone please wack me on the head and set me straight on how to do this. I just want to learn!!!!

I'l going crazy.

P.S. I did a regular install straight from the CD with no problems. I even went as far as to install NT 4.0 (SP3, IE 4.01 SP1) on a fresh clean machine (233 PPro, 128 RAM, 4 GB HD). Received on Tue Mar 30 1999 - 23:21:58 CST