Re: How to copy a complete tablespace ?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:35:23 -0500

Hi Carsten,

    Since you have already created the tablespace you can do:

  1. for tables you haven't created yet in TEST

    CREATE TABLE test.<table_name> AS SELECT * FROM production.<table_name>;

I am not sure about the "AS", but the syntax is close enough so that you can experiment.

       2. for tables you have created in TEST:

       INSERT INTO test.<table_name> SELECT * FROM production.<table_name>;

I prefer to use the CREATE and then build the indexes after I have created the tables since I find it is faster.

regards

Jerry Gitomer