Re: Need information about web database ...

From: <alcyone82_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:09:06 GMT

In article <36FE72DA.7E424650_at_yahoo.com>,   rgiard_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi, I know Oracle and Access but i'm a beginner in web database. I want
> to build a database where i could diffuse some informations on the web.
> This database will maybe be big so i need i fast enough software. The
> question is, What is the best software to develop a web database, Access
> ? Oracle ? or others ? Do i need to learn CGI ?
>
> You suggestion is welcome !!!
> thanks

I strongly recommend using Oracle Web Application Server. I have been running this and Oracle 8.0.5 on my Linux development box for a couple of months now, am very impressed. It makes the development of a data-aware web application with dynamic HTML almost absurdly easy. No CGI to deal with. Everything is done in PL/SQL.

-Dave Pulaski
 http://www.dpulaski.net