constraint or trigger ?

From: Serge LUCAS <Serge.Lucas_at_eurocontrol.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:55:21 +0100

I want to attach the following kind of constraint to a table which contains 2 external foreign keys 'ext1ID' & 'ext2ID': "There can be at most TWO lines referencing these two keys"

I have the Oracle error ORA-00904, which let me think I cant call a function in a constraint...

I would like to avoid the third solution which consists in adding the following column to MyTable:
checking NUMBER, UNIQUE, NOT NULL, IN (1,2);

Could somebody help me ?

--
Serge LUCAS
STERIA ATM/Eurocontrol