Re: need suggestion on handling large text fields

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:19:52 +0800

Hi Joe,

You don't say where the problem is, whether you are unable to select a CLOB, or if you get some other error message such as data overflow. Also, what product you are using.

My thoughts, if it is a data overflow problem within one of the access tools, ProC, SQL*Plus, Forms is that you could set the arraysize and maxdata parameters, so that only 1 row is fetched at a time. This is what we had to do with LONG's in the v7.x days.

I would be surprised if you could not say 'select CLOB from TABLE'.

Rgds
Andrew