Unusual ORA-12154

From: Kirk Cameron <cameron_at_bicnet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:40:09 -0500

I have an OCI Program build using RogueWave DBTools.h++. The program runs on both Solaris and NT and utilizes and Oracle 8.0.5 database. The program establishes 1 connection at startup and then can add additional connections at run time based on user load. The program runs flawlessly on NT (4.0 Server with SP3), but ocassionaly logs ORA-12154 errors on Solaris (2.6) only.
I tried creating all connections at startup and still get the same behavior.

I have made sure that no one has edited the TNSNAMES.ORA.

Kirk Received on Mon Mar 29 1999 - 13:40:09 CST