what is wrong with my PL/SQL program?

From: Johnson <zhao_at_ctc-g.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:39:23 +0900

Hi,;

    I have made a stored procedure for some work. For public use, I have to grant some rights to the person who execute the sql script. So I wrote the codes below:

declare
username varchar2;
begin
select user into username from dual; -- get the current user name grant alter user to username; -- grant the right to the user *** end;

when I run the script, I was always told there was something wrong with the grant sentence. So what is wrong with it?

Also, I have another question about the stored procedure and function. I created a stored procedure under UserA, now I would like to call it from UserB, so I wrote like this in the program. " UserA.procedure_name", but I was always told not be able to find the program, so I have to create a public synonym for the stored procedure, and then use this synonym instead of the original procedure name. But I can directly use the above "UserA.procedure_name" manner to call another user's procedure in SQLPlus, why can't I do it in Forms?

Thanks in advance.
Johnson Chao
zhao_at_ctc-g.co.jp Received on Mon Mar 29 1999 - 07:39:23 CST