Newbie question - how to select db with sql plus?

From: Gerhard Hofmann <gerhard.hofmann_at_nospam.planat.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:33:48 GMT

Hello,

I am a newbie to oracle and need some advice. Right now, I only used Ingres DBMS.

I installed Oracle 8 on an NT machine. I can connect to the default database with SQL Plus and run SQL queries against it.

Now I wanted to use another database. I created a new one "ORC0" with the Database Assistant. BTW, can I change that name?

My problem: I have no idea how to connect to that new databse with SQL Plus. Any tips?

Please copy all answers to my email address gerhard.hofmann_at_planat.de
Remove the "nospam" Received on Sun Mar 28 1999 - 09:33:48 CST