Function handlers to DLLs using ORA_FFI

From: Wicksey <Wicksey_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 1999 10:55:02 GMT

Hi people,

I am currently interfacing to a Pro*C DLL from Forms 4.5 using ORA_FFI. Within this DLL there are 2 functions which populate a table with different data according to the current mode of the forms application (ie read only or edit mode). Both of these functions are called from the same point in the application, but not both at the same time - it is either one or the other.

I currently have 1 library handle and 2 function handles declared in the calling package. If the same function is called twice in a row then it fails the second time, yet if the two functions are called alternately then they succeed. Could anyone explain this to me, or offer some advice on how to get round this problem please? Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance.

Wicksey Received on Fri Mar 26 1999 - 04:55:02 CST