Re: Student Seeking Help with Oracle

From: <dean.reynolds_at_home.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 02:19:02 GMT

It's been a little while, but the basics are

create database link MYLINK
connect to USER identified by PASSWORD
using 'TNSNAMES_ENTRY';
/

create table WHATEVER as select * from WHATEVER_at_MYLINK;

That will create a local table as a copy of a remote table, data and all.

Is that what you wanted?

-Dean