Re: converting access files to oracle dmp /table

From: Steven Franklin <steven.franklin_at_mci.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:48:33 GMT

M$ Access uses a different syntax for joins, so your queries will have to be modified to use the Oracle syntax. Access puts its joins in the FROM clause, whereas Oracle defines its joins in the WHERE clause.

As for your tables, Access's data types will have to be converted as well. Access's data types look more like VB types than SQL types. i.e.,

Access: integer, long, double --> Oracle: number(4),number(n),number(n,n) where n specifies a precision
Access: text(50) --> Oracle: varchar2(50) Access: memo --> Oracle: long