Re: Alter column so column comes in the middle of column list...

From: <tim.mcconechy_at_runtime.dk>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:10:25 GMT

> In a relational database the real question here is WHY?
>
> What reason would lead you to care the order of columns in the table?
> You may be thinking about the problem the wrong way. It's one of those
> time you need to think "out of the box".

Just wondering if it can be done...
The reason is I comprae the database to a foxpro database... It uses a function AFIELDS(adestarray)

Which stores the table columns ect. in an array.. i.e.
adestarry[1,1]='COL1'
adestarry[2,1]='COL2'
ect..

in foxpro columns can be added this way...

So when I compare structures
and this senario happens....
it always think this column is missing ....

Sure there are ways around this but.....