Re: Personal Oracle 8 on Win95 LSNRCTL80 Crash - Please Help

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:04:02 -0500

It sounds like your problem is a corrupted listener configuration or executable
file. Fire up the installer and remove and then reinstall NET80 on your PC. (Yes, I know this is rather drastic and you would never need to do this on a Unix box, but with a PC you are running some version of Windows and, unless you have a support contract -- which I doubt since you are talking about PO8,
this is the quickest way to fix the problem.)

If reinstalling NET80 doesn't do the trick I suspect you will have to get a good
backup or a full export of the database and remove and reinstall Oracle (ugh!)

regards

Jerry Gitomer