Analyze_schema - What method?

From: Reinhard Wahl <wahl_at_zv.fhg.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:18:30 +0100

Hi there,

does anybody know what method does procedure DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE_SCHEMA use?

When I try: EXEC DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE_SCHEMA(user, NULL); --NULL or ESTIMATE is documented

I receive an ORA-1490: invalid ANALYZE-Command

When I try: EXEC DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE_SCHEMA(user, 'COMPUTE');

it runs, but it is much faster than to ANALYZE one bigger table in the same schema.
I don't trust it.

I use RDBMS 7.3.4.x and PL/SQL 2.3.4.x

Thanx Reinhard Received on Wed Mar 24 1999 - 07:18:30 CST