Alter column so column comes in the middle of column list...

From: <tim.mcconechy_at_runtime.dk>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:16:02 GMT

I don't know how to explain this but I'll try..

Say I have a table
CREATE TABLE TEST ( col1 number2,col2 varchar2(20));

If I add a column using..
 ALTER TABLE TEST ADD col1_5 number;

Then my table looks like:
SQL> desc test

 Name                            Null?    Type

COL1 NUMBER COL2 VARCHAR2(20) COL1_5 NUMBER

I want it to look like:
SQL> desc test

 Name                            Null?    Type

COL1 NUMBER COL1_5 NUMBER COL2 VARCHAR2(20)

Is there someway to alter table so I can do this...

I know I can drop and recreate but don't want to!!!!

thanks for your help...