ADO/ASP connect to Oracle Problem

From: BFS/OFS/UST <nicki.spoecker_at_bfs.admin.ch>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:01:48 +0100

Dear colleagues,

at present i am confronted with some probelms to connect to oracle via IIS4.0/ASP. We have the following HW/SW installed:

WebServer
? PC Intel 128 MB
? NT 4.0 SP 3
? IIS 4.0
? Oracle ODBC Driver:Oracle 73 Ver 2.5
? Microsoft ODBC Driver: MS ODBC for Oracle 2.73.728301

Database Server
? Sun Sparc 20 (mobius)
? Solaris 2.5.1
? Oracle Server Release 7.3.4.2.0
? SQL*Net Release 2.3.3.0.0

Browser
MS Internet Explorer 4.01

When trying to connect via system DSN (oracle driver used), i get the following error message:

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (Oracle73 Ver 2.5).

by using the microsoft driver, another error message is issued:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-03121

The ODBC connection has been tested with the ODBC Test environment and worked, that is, the system-DSN should be correct.

Can anybody help me,

Thank you very much in advance.

By the way, in MSDN (microsoft developper network), i found an article which recommended the sql*net version 2.3.4.0.4, which is not the one that we have installed. Is the problem there ? Received on Wed Mar 24 1999 - 03:01:48 CST