MS Data Shape & Oracle 8

From: Vincent Griffith <Vincent.Griffith_at_Actix.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:50:51 -0000

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

I've been using the Data-Shaping service for OLE DB with the OLE DB data provider for ODBC to run Hierachical queiries against an SQL-Server database, this all works fine. However when the same queries are run against an Oracle 8 database I get the following error: "The data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status." from the Data- Shape provider. So I needed to known if Hierachical queiries can be run against an Oracle database and if so, what I have been doing wrong.

Regards

Vincent Received on Tue Mar 23 1999 - 04:50:51 CST