Problem with opening the database with ODBC

From: Larisa Schelkin <larisa_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:13:31 -0500

Hi,

I use the Visual C++ 5.0 with Personal Oracle 8 database and the Oracle ODBC driver that comes with Visual C++. I am trying to open the database using the connect string and the program still opens this ODBC source dialog, so it is not supposed to. (I would like my program to ask user to select database only once and then open database without user doing anything.

What I do is:

/*************************/

CDatabase db ;

// it open the database by opening this ODBC select source dialog
// and Oracle ODBC driver dialog asking for user, password and
// server name

db.OpenEx(NULL) ;

// get the connect string to use it next time (I printed this string and
it
// seems fine with me

CString connectString = db.GetConnect();

db.Close();

// reopen the database using the connnect string we have
db.OpenEx( connectString ); // no luck
// so what happens is that I still got the Open Source dialog box and
// after I select the Oracle database it gives me an error message
saying that
// the parameters are incorrect

// even if I try to open file using the flag CDatabase::noOdbcDialog to
avoid any
// dialogs (I want users not seeing these dialogs every time they start
the
// program) I still got these dialogs and errors.
db.OpenEx( connectString, CDatabase::noOdbcDialog ); // no luck

Is it something related to the Oracle ODBC driver, or am I doing something
wrong?

I would really appreciate any help.

You can send your answer to larisa_at_worldnet.att.net

Thank you,
Alex Schelkin Received on Sun Mar 21 1999 - 22:13:31 CST