Oracle Export

From: Renee Boyd <r.boyd_at_popmail.csuohio.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 18:37:21 -0500

We have a cron job running that does a full export of our database. The job uses a named pipe because uncompressed, the file size is greater than 2 G, compressed it is normally .5G. When I looked at the results of the export on Friday morning, I noticed that the compressed file size was 1 G. I ran the export later in the day and the compressed file size was still 1G. The export ran yesterday and its size was .5G again and it is .5G again today. There have been no data loads/deletes and the log files produced when the exports run indicate that there are no problems. All exports have run successfully with no errors or warnings. Does anyone know why the size of the files vary from .5G to 1G? We are on Solaris 2.51 and Oracle 7.3.2. thanks renee Received on Sun Mar 21 1999 - 17:37:21 CST