Re: Three instances on Solaris?

From: Diane <Diane_at_coalole.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 17:36:21 +0000

In article <7ctq84$lb$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, amyleone_at_my-dejanews.com writes
>I am a developer on a Solaris box. The response time seems very slow compared
>to what I was used to on the DEC Alpha and HP-UX. Does anyone have any
>experience with bottlenecks on this box? I notice the DBA is running three
>instances and I wondered if we were getting a CPU or memory bottleneck. This
>system doesn't have the glance utility. Thanks for any help.
>
>Amy Leone

which version of oracle and which version of solaris? I ask because we had problems with a database running slow (8.0.5 on solaris 2.6) when we changed the parallelism of the tables from default to degree 1 it speeded up noticeably. I don't know if thei is a problem on other versions though.
--
Diane Received on Sat Mar 20 1999 - 11:36:21 CST