Oracle on Linux

From: Jack <ocpdba_at_texas.ne>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:16:36 -0600

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Linux.

The Oracle for Linux installation guide says to just run /orainst/orainst to install. Ha! I tried that, and got "command not found". So, I tried sh orainst.sh and got a long list of ":command not found" and ":bad variable name".

Can anyone of you Linux experts help me out?

TIA, Jack Silvey Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 23:16:36 CST