Re: Default where clause

From: Gorm Larsen <gorm_larsen_at_jyde.dk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:36:11 +0100

In article <921867569.18944.0.nnrp-11.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>, jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk says...
> There are a few possibilities.
>
> The simplest approach probably:
>
> Assuming that id TABLE_OWNER owns the table,
> create a view per user for all other users such as
>
> for user1
>
> create or replace view transact as
> select * from table_owner.transact
> where (department < 05 or department > 37);
>
> for user2
> create or replace view transact as
> select * from table_owner.transact
> where (department > 37 and account < "15000");

Yes I can see your point and it would problably be the best solution in most cases. But, and I am sorry, I forgot to mention that my users connect via a frontend program, where everyone connects to Oracle as TABLE_OWNER, so I do not think I can create a view, as it could be replaced everytime a new user connects (Assuming the "default where clause" is created at login-time) So what I am looking for could be a kind of "filter" per table bound to every session, as the frontend program can generate what is necessary for the frontend-program user.

But thank you very much for the answer.

> There are a few possibilities.

Press <<ENTER>> to get the next possibility. :-))

--
Gorm Larsen Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 16:36:11 CST