ASP + Oracle7 + stored procedure

From: A J Hirst <ahirst_at_abigail.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:27:05 +0000

Hi folks, hope you can help.
Using ADO component to connect to Oracle via ODBC I have no problems issuing select/insert commands in the .asp file and know how to work through the recordset that is returned BUT now I want to invoke stored Oracle procedures and functions. If I change the sql string that I have to
"execute <procedure_name>", or "select <function_name>" then I get an error to the effect that the execute statement is illegal or the table/view does not exist. There is no such table/view, I know, but a valid function_name exists and I can use that from SQL*Plus command line. Also, if I had a function that returned an integer as opposed to a recordset, could I just 'catch' it in a normal variable or do I have to use a recordset object?
Thanks for reading this. Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 16:27:05 CST