Re: Is there any ERP Training

From: <attwoody_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:02:51 GMT

In article <36EE1CEE.1084AE24_at_hotmail.com>,   kl Chris <chriskml_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello ,
> I am now looking for some Oracle ERP training. Have any one of you gone
> through
> such courses before? Please advise me where I can get such information .
>
> I am new to ERP, does it relate to SAP or some finance stuff ....
> Thanks
>
> Chris

Greetings, Chris,

  Your question is a little unclear - do you mean basic training in how to create, maintain and update an Oracle database, or training in how to use the ERP software (Oracle Financials, SAP, PeopleSoft) from either a functional-area (ie, Finance/Accounting) or technical (operating system, database, network) perspective?

   ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) refers to large applications such as Oracle Financials, SAP or PeopleSoft that are purchased to manage Accounting, General Ledger, Purchase Orders, Human Resources, etc, functions.

  I am an Oracle DBA supporting a 7.3.4 database with PeopleSoft 6.10.20 on AIX 4.3.1. PeopleSoft offers functional classes in things like creating accounting journals and ledgers, and technical classes in how to configure the software to work with Oracle (or Informix, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, etc).  The technical classes assume you already know how to install, configure and maintain Oracle, and focus on what PeopleSoft utilities and features you use with the database.

  If you have Oracle Financials, there is separate training for that from the DBA-oriented courses.

  Hope this helps