Help! Long data types

From: Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 00:02:21 GMT

Hello,

Actually I have two questions.

First, what is it with these long data types? Why can't I do anything with them? I need to compare to fields called NOTES in two different tables.....the NOTES field is of LONG data type.....how can I do this? I keep getting errors......

Also, I run this query:

select count(*) from TMP_POHEADER where ponum NOT IN (select ponum from POHEADER);

That is a simple query right? There are even indexes on the PONUM field. Why then after 3 hours do I not get any results? There are only 30,000 records in the tables.....

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com Received on Thu Mar 18 1999 - 18:02:21 CST