Oracle and LiveWire db service

From: <bbeausej_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:41:55 GMT

Hi everyone,

We are using Netscape Enterprise server 3.6 on a Sun Ultra-2 (2x300mhz, 2gig ram) with Solaris 2.6.

We are having problems with the livewire environnement. We use an Oracle 7.3.2 db server and a Oracle 7.3.4 client.

The problem we get is that after sometime (less than 15 to 20 minutes) the NES process takes up all the cpu of the machine. (98% cpu) We investigated almost all avenues those avenues to solve the problem:

We tried to increase the segment length on the database but it did no good.

From the logs our code generates, the DbPool from our applications get disconnected after a certain time like if they were saturated. Each app uses
(in the appmgr) 8 connections. We did try to increase this number but again,
it didn't help. The oracle server machine is running fine, no cpu overload, no io overload nothing.

The output from the truss command on the NES gives us lwa_sema_wait errors.
(#ERRSTART)
Any ideas anybody?

Benoit Beausejour (bbeausej_at_videotron.net, CyBeReReAL_at_IRC)) Java Developer -- Le Groupe Videotron Ltee http://www.infinit.net & http://www.videotron.net