Character set insensitive select

From: Tim Clinton <clinton_at_cnet.ffa.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:12:39 -0700

I have a database setup to use we8iso8859p1 and we make heavy use of accented characters (french). The database is primarily accessed via the web.

I would appreciate pointers on how to make searches on the data flatten the character set to 7 bit ascii yet still output the full 8 bit accented characters. For example, a search for "Montreal" will find and output "Montréal".

The platform is IRIX.

Thanks.

--
---
Tim Clinton Received on Thu Mar 18 1999 - 11:12:39 CST