Passing parameters from Forms to Reports

From: dperry <dorinep_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:58:24 GMT

Can someone help me out with this problem? I am using Oracle Forms 5.0 and Oracle Reports 3.0. I have had success in passing parameters from forms to reports, using the user parameters in my where clause for the default query in Reports.. However, now I need to allow the user to select multiple values and pass them as a string into one parameter, thus using that parameter in the where clause (in an IN statement).. For example, my default query looks like this:

select * from a_acgo
  where ac_podada >= :beg_date and ac_podada <= :end_date   and ac_msn in (select chm_msn

                 from a_chnl_msn
                 where chm_chnl in (:chnl));

:chnl is a text string that I have concatenated from the values in an LOV that is populated by the user at runtime... So the data that is passed looks like this:

NGUBAH','BAHRAN','NGUSIZ I purposely left off the first and last quotes, because reports will put quotes around the parameter when I use it in the query. So that the query SHOULD look like this when populated with the parameters:

select * from a_acgo
  where ac_podada >= '01-JAN-99' and ac_podada <= '01-MAR-99'   and ac_msn in (select chm_msn

                 from a_chnl_msn
                 where chm_chnl in ('NGUBAH','BAHRAN','NGUSIZ'));

This doesn't work... I ran the same query at the SQL prompt and it works with no problems, but the report doesn't return any values... I have tried using the (' ') in the parameter, but that would add quotes around the ()...  I have exhausted every approach that I knew of... Does anybody know if you can use the IN clause with passed parameters? I could use a parameter for each channel, but that would mean that i would have to limit the number of channels that they can choose, and i'd rather not do that... In forms, there are system variables that I can access with the debugger that tell me what the last query looked like when it ran, but i don't see any system variables in the debugger with reports... If I could see the query after it is populated, I could isolate the problem... Can somebody help me with this....

Thanks for your help.. I have spent way too much time trying to figure this one out.....