Re: compiler for PL/SQL?

From: frank <frank_at_mediaaktiv.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:40:16 +0100

Because I just got an error message when I fired the trigger. Not while compiling it. (and it was not a runtime error) And then I usually got something like:
Trigger % is not valid.Verification failed. (What may not be the exact words, since I am using a German version of Oracle.)
What didn't help at all.

I have to admit I didn't know then that there is a special view just for user_errors where all compilation errors are stored. I think this is a very complicated way of treating errors. It'd be way easier, just to make an output and not to store the errors somewhere else never to be seen again.....
Frank